Chocolate Beetroot Cake
I've often made this cake for morning tea for my gatherings or workshops. It is gone in a flash!
250g cooked beetroot, pureed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
250ml vegetable oil
300g caster or coconut sugar
225g plain or gluten free flour
1 1/2 teaspoons bicarb soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour one 20x30cm or similar sized baking tin.
2. In a large bowl, combine pureed beetroots, eggs, vanilla, oil and sugar. Mix with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, bicarb soda, salt and cocoa. Add to the beetroot mixture, beating together well. Pour batter into prepared tin.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until done.
5. Dust with icing sugar or chocolate powder, serve with fresh raspberries and whipped cream.
Yum, yum, yum.
From my kitchen to yours in love, Jen xxx